SMR is a platform for the academic dialog between service researchs from different economic disciplines. It offers critical depictions of the newest developments in the central areas of service research. Thereby SMR dedicates itself particularly to interdisciplinary research agendas.
For more information for authors and subscribers, see rsw.beck.de/zeitschriften/smr.
- page 1–4 Titelei/Inhaltsverzeichnis
- page 5–5 EditorialMartin Benkenstein
- page 6–70 Research Articles
- page 6–21 Value Propositions in Service Systems Enabled by Digital Technology: A Field Based Design Science Approach Stefan Michael Genennig, Angela Roth, Julia M. Jonas, Kathrin M. Moslein
- page 22–35 Reducing the IT Personnel's Workload in IT Self-Services Florian Bär, Michael Leyer, Kurt Sandkuhl
- page 36–52 Distribution Districting - The Case of In-Night Express Services Christian Brabander
- page 53–70 Do Different Service Types Require Changes in NSD Processes at Industrial Manufacturers - An Empirical Examination of Personal and Digital Services Yvonne Graf, Roland Helm