SMR is a platform for the academic dialog between service researchs from different economic disciplines. It offers critical depictions of the newest developments in the central areas of service research. Thereby SMR dedicates itself particularly to interdisciplinary research agendas.
For more information for authors and subscribers, see rsw.beck.de/zeitschriften/smr.
- page 1–1 Titelei/Inhaltsverzeichnis
- page 2–2 EditorialMartin Benkenstein
- page 3–62 Research Articles
- page 3–16 From Goods to Services Consumption: A Social Network Analysis on Sharing Economy and Servitization Research Martin P. Fritze, Florian Urmetzer, Gohar F. Khan, Marko Sarstedt, Andy Neely, Tobias Schäfers
- page 17–29 The Moderating Effect of Customers' Willingness to Participate in Service Recovery and its Impacting Factors - An Empirical Analysis Nicola Bilstein
- page 30–43 Individual Drivers and Outcomes of Envisioned Value in Use of Customer Solutions: An Empirical Study in the Electric Mobility Context Jennifer Hendricks
- page 44–62 Examining the Effects of Employees' Behaviour by Transferring a Leadership Contingency Theory to the Service Context Marion Popp, Karsten Hadwich